Skip to main content

" I will be there for you "

When I was asked to pick out my TV show ever, I thought about ' The Big Bang theory ' -the ultimate funny geeky show, totally relatable to the engineer graduate or maybe 'Sherlock'- ahh that great thriller and suspense which makes you stand on the edge or maybe 'House of Cards' - political drama which has so many twists and turns that is going to blow your mind. But then there is 'Breaking Bad' or 'Suits', I mean we can't deny there is some great storytellers in Hollywood but if we have to talk about the elephant in the room, it has to be the one and only 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S'- the ultimate sitcom which makes you laugh like there is no worries in the world.

So that is my ultimate favorite show which I am claiming to have seen it more than 20 times at least. It is my friend throughout my life journey thick and thin since it was introduced to me when I was a kid watching Disney shows and naive and I really was needed to see something grown-up and funny so yeah roughly around 8 years ago.

This show has all elements in it from witty to drama, sarcasm, story, humor, action, romance and mostly sense of being in a perfect no perfect relationship with your friends.

The storyline and characters are perfect. They will take you to their life journey which is so relatable that even after all the happy and bad times, in the end you will be at a point where you can be proud of how your life turned out to be.

When I was having my first breakup or problems with understanding my relationship with my parents, brother and friends, or having a hard time doing a job I don't like or not having enough courage to pursue my dreams, this show has been with me through all. I laughed, I cried, I introspected my decision and I developed an attitude towards everything happening in my life have some purpose.

Okay enough about me, let's talk about the show. Everyone I think goes through all the phases where they are Chandler, the funny one or the Joey, the stud one, or the Monica, the obsessive one, or the Phoebe, strongest one, or the Rachel, the whole package- from being loyal to hardworking to not afraid to try new things.

I absolutely adore the direction, the story plots, the great puns, lines and sarcasm which are basically used by everyone once in a while to put a humor in their conversation like 'unagi' or 'lobster', it's a great achievement if there is such great legacy following the show.

This connection comes only when there is some serious repetition going on with the show. I do know all the scenes, all the dialogues and all the endings that I can repeat with them.

One of the greatest thing about the show is also their fan followings, I mean what could be a better conversation to start with a stranger than asking about what episodes are their favorite ones or the character they are mostly related to. Right?

Let's specifically talk about the creative elements of this show. Apart from the great sense of humor and sarcasm in their engaging content, this show leveraged on the daily routine of every common person. There is nothing fictional or major dramatical about the show. It's so hard to notice small things in people's daily lives and present that on the screen and also giving it a pinch of drama and lots of humor is a task well done. You don't have to follow the whole story to be part of the show which generally happens in almost all other TV shows where all the episodes are interlinked. You can just start any one of them and you will not feel lost about the plot.  It's always the new story with the same character and to make it throughout the 10 seasons, it is remarkable. The show give some major goals on romantic relationships like Monica and Chandler or determination to achieve your goal like Joey or fighting all the odds and come out stronger like Phoebe or lighting up the mood in the room even in dense situation like Chandler or keeping up the bond amidst all the odds and greens like their friendship to each other .

And I am writing this article feeling all the emotions altogether, the great moments in the shows, the ending and how this helped me overcome my fear of boredom and loneliness in my teens as well as in my adulthood, okay I am going to see one episode right after I am finishing this article.

As there is a saying, new shows will come and go but the one will remain forever favorite the ultimate, one and only, 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S'
How you doin?

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Women's Day

Hey strong women, Every day is our day but if the world is celebrating us extra today, that’s great too. I know what we have gone through and damn we are strong💪 We have dealt with all the upsides and downsides of our life with our best foot forward and a big smile and that determination. May our grit and resistance to not give up hold still in us. May we support each other May we breed stronger women May we live our best May we be the strongest and happiest we have ever been May we never succumb to anyone or anything May we keep bumping into each other more often May we get all the love and support in the world May we become that strong that we don’t need all the love and support in the world May we follow our dreams before living anyone else’s dream May we keep ourselves our number 1 priority ALWAYS. Let’s promise to be the badass, the strongest, the happiest version of ourselves. Happy women’s day!

Clarity and hustle..

One of the biggest things we are dealing with in this ever-changing world is clarity. Clarity on what we want, what we wish, what we desire, and what we should fight for.  Why we are not clear on things? Do you think this is maybe because of the abundance of options? but is that really the reason why we are not clear? Or is it because there is one more option which is quitting.  My parents constantly tell me that in their whole life journey, they never had this option. They never had the luxury to give up on things. Because they always have to fight for even the smallest things. and us, the new generation 'think' we have time, we have resources and we have options.  This 'Always hustle' or 'Never settle' culture is going to bring doom to us very soon. We are never going to be happy or satisfied with where we are. And this is not about only when we are young but this attitude change is going to affect us, even more, when we get older and we have lesser options. 

Saturday Wisdom 101- Letting go.

Something in life is worth letting go of but you will only know that after you had experienced it before and we can predict the possible outcomes. Like - Arguing with parents or anyone on anything. Or arguments in general. You can't change anyone's opinion in one argument. FOMO. Trying to connect with the ‘friends’ who haven’t been there for you and you lost touch. Sad about getting a dream job but honestly not working for it. Prioritizing your career over EVERYTHING. Go to family functions because you mostly never have that option. Take up a job which you are not passionate about but good money. Seeing other people doing what you wanted to do but couldn’t. Expecting something from anyone just because you think you are closer to them. Something which is happening and we don’t have any power to change like aging, politics, natural calamities, etc. Other people’s opinions on you. It anyways shouldn’t affect you at any point in time. You are not supposed to compete with anyone for